TM5D Level 5 Intermediate Diploma in Counselling Supervision
Focus of Course
- For counsellors with a minimum of two years post-Diploma counselling experience who wish to train to be a Supervisor.
- TC-L4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling or equivalent
- 70 guided learning hours, usually 5 Friday/Saturday modules
- Moving from being a Counsellor to a Supervisor - what’s different?
- Challenges, pitfalls and rewards of being a professional Supervisor.
- How to supervise different counsellors, from trainees to highly experienced practitioners.
- Boundaries, confidentiality issues and the challenge of dual roles.
- Moral, ethical and legal dilemmas facing supervisors, including lively case studies and role plays.
- Setting up a private practice vs working for an agency.
- Different types of Supervision, including running a Supervision Group.
- Working with difference, including cross-cultural Supervision.
- Spiritual dynamics.
- Transference, Projection and Parallel Process.
- Creative Supervision
- Feedback, Assessments, Reviews and Reports.
- 3 Essays: 3,000 words each
- Case study: 3,000 words
- Learning Journal
- 40 Criteria to evidence
- 2 Group projects
- Live Supervision Write-Up: 1500 words
- £1500 payable as initial deposit and 5 monthly payments
- Accredited by the Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB) as a Tailor Made course
"The course tutors were excellent, open, engaging, friendly, fair, knowledgeable and very experienced. Gave massive support and kindness."
"I have enjoyed the course immensely. Good balance of teaching, creative and discussion."
"Excellent, robust and generous delivery. Created a purposeful and supportive learning environment."
"Challenging, fun and informative. It has given me a much deeper understanding of the material."