TC-L4 Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
Focus of Course
- For students who have Level 2 and Level 3 qualifications and wish to continue their training. On completion of the Diploma course students will be equipped to provide a therapeutic counselling service within a counselling agency.
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills or equivalent
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies or equivalent
- 420 guided learning hours over 2 years
Person Centred Therapy, Attachment Theory, Spirituality, Transactional Analysis, Gestalt Therapy, Creative Therapy, Mental Health Issues, Trauma and Abuse, Self-Harm and Suicide, Counsellor Self-Care, Body Work, Neuroscience, Sexuality, Integration, Emerging therapies. Further topics are covered through the Research Workshops in terms 4 and 5.
The therapeutic relationship, nature of supervision, issues arising from clinical practice, case work, the dynamics of cross-cultural counselling and couples counselling.
- Learning journal
- Initial learning statement
- 2 Self-reviews (one per year)
- 2 Case studies (one per year)
- Book review
- 6 observed counselling practice sessions, audio video, with a reflective essay
- Research Paper and Workshop
- Essay on delivering your presentation
- Essay on another student’s presentation
- CPCAB exam
- 100 hours logged counselling practice, with supervision
- 40 hours personal therapy
- £5995 payable as initial deposit and 20 monthly payments
- Accredited by the Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB) and carries 120 units at Level 4 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
- Level 5 Qualifications and CPD courses for Counsellors
"I feel very confident that I have been taught to a high standard which has enabled me to work with clients in a confident way. The support of the tutors has made this possible."
"I have enormous respect for both tutors. They were brilliant in their teaching, sensitive and caring to us as students. It’s been the most life-changing and enriching thing I’ve ever done."
"I am thankful for the course being so thorough. The end feels like I’m finishing with more than other counsellors I know."